UNHCR Bangladesh invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position
|Title of the Post||:||Executive Assistant|
|Location||:||UNHCR Sub Office Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh|
|Number of Vacancies||:||01|
|Duration||:||Initially for a period of 6 months|
|Date of Entry on Duty||:||as soon as possible|
|Category and Level||:||G5 (Temporary Appointment)|
|Closing Date||:||10th March 2018|
The Executive Assistant is responsible for office management, secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Operations. The incumbent is supervised by the Head of Operations who provides general outline of assignments and reviews the completed work for accuracy and conformance with objectives. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, he/she will work independently on routine tasks, while will follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. The Executive Assistant liaises with other internal or external entities to ensure effective delivery of services/out-put in the
- The UNHCR Office has sufficient secretarial and administrative support thus better able to meet its objectives.
- Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors; places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
- Arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter.
- Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential.
- Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
- Draft official correspondence, documents and reports on routine matters and/or for clearance by the supervisor and ensure follow-up. Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy documents.
- Maybe required to assist in Human Resources tasks (attendance record, travel arrangements, preparation of travel authorisation, /claims, etc.) for staff within the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of visit programmes, briefings on issues covered by the Unit, collection of documentation for briefing kits; talking points and other material for missions, meetings and visits.
- Liaise at an appropriate level with other units/Sections, HQ services, Regional Representations and country offices, as applicable, to facilitate the work of the Unit.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Access the relevant information and records which may be sensitive and confidential.
- Prioritise tasks and organise work independently.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with Secretarial training and/or certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Knowledge of Chittagonian/Rohingya language.
Submission of application:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with complete Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Deadline for submission of application: 10th March 2018